Help with nursery fees
There are a variety of schemes available to help with nursery fees. The following is a brief summary of the main ones.
Funded places for 3 and 4 year olds (and some 2 year olds)
- We offer 570 hours ‘core’ funding for every 3 and 4 year old attending Jolly Giraffes a term after their 3rd Birthday
- Since September 2017 we now offer the ‘extended’ 570 hours funding entitlement for those 3 and 4 year olds who are eligible.
- We offer (if available) the 570 ‘core’ hours for eligible 2 years olds
- For working families claiming Universal Credit,in England, Scotland and Wales
- With children under 16
- 85% of eligible childcare costs, up to a cap
Support while you study
- Weekly payments from Care to Learn if you’re at school or sixth-form college
- Help through your college if you’re in further education
- A weekly grant if you’re in full-time higher education
Working Tax Credit
- For working families, in the UK
- With children under 16 (or under 17 if disabled)
- 70% of childcare costs, up to a cap
Employer Childcare Vouchers
Many employers offer schemes to help with the cost of childcare, and they also have substantial tax and NI benefits, which always helps! It may be worth discussing this with your employer if they do not already have one in place. When you discover which voucher company your employer is with please ring nursery to obtain our existing account number, or our details to register us with them
Tax Free Childcare Scheme
- For working families, including the self-employed,in the UK
- With children under 12 (or under 17 if disabled)
- For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year – that’s up to £500 every three months
- Parents of children born on or after 1st April 2013, and parents of disabled children, can apply now.
Go to www.childcarechoices.co.uk for more information on all of the above.