The Goals and Values we strive towards:
• Our premises will be safe, secure and our staff will be suitably qualified and have the necessary CRB (Criminal Records Bureau)/vetting checks. They will be caring, loving and act as excellent role-models, helping the children to make a positive contribution within our nursery, and indeed the wider community.
• We will provide a range of fun, enjoyable and stimulating activities that stem from each child’s interests inspired by the revised EYFS (April 2017) documentation and will ensure that we have a thorough understanding of all children’s needs and routines.
• We will ensure that resources (books, toys etc.) are safe to use, clean and well maintained and they will reflect the rich diversity of the society in which we live, fostering positive attitudes.
• We will provide the children with healthy, varied and nutritious meals and snacks.
• We will have high expectations of ALL children and foster a celebratory culture valuing all achievements, helping to promote a climate of self confidence and building high esteem and a positive self image.
Goals for 2018/2019
• To continue to try to involve our parents, to include support at home (for example sensory play), in order to further and deepen their understanding of the EYFS and how we can work together in partnership to strengthen their children’s learning experiences and opportunities… Especially through the new ‘EYLog’.
• To introduce, and further develop, the ‘Curiosity Approach’ to learning… encouraging imagination and creativity through exploration. To ensure that we are encouraging as much child led learning as possible following an ‘in the moment planning’ approach.
Early childhood is the foundation upon which children build the rest of their lives and it is vitally important that we help them get the best possible start in life, building the firmest of foundations as they enjoy learning through their play. This will help them to achieve success in later life…
Our over-arching aim is that we want our children to leave Jolly Giraffes happy and with the confidence and skills required to help them meet the challenges that lie ahead in school and in their lives beyond…
When you and your child are happy, we are happy!